Re: [tlug] [OT] Hosting at Home in Japan is legal?

Edward Middleton wrote, On 07/27/2007 09:38 AM:

Who is your ISP and what is in their service agreement, that will probably be the biggest issue. Lots of people in Japan host from home. I have not heard of there being any legal impediment to doing this. The major difference is that domestic service agreements don't guarantee service availability.

Well I didn't see any specific impediment to be a server. I just ask a friend to translate the rules, but she has not technical knowledge. Anyway, one thing is that the ISP provider let me use the service as a server and another thing is what about Japanese law manage that kind of activity.

The service availability is my machine at home, so it's not 24/7/365 :-)

For example in Spain and other European countries, exists some kind of really restrictive laws about that. In the Web page, it's necessary to put the ID card number, some contact information as address or phone number. If someone put some kind of offensive text as a comment in the blog, the blog owner is the responsible about that, so I have to filter the comments before they appear... and the list of restrictions continue...

       -Pietro

-- - Pietro Zuco - - pietro@example.com - Home page: http://www.zuco.org - Photo Blog: http://photo.zuco.org - Linux User: 252836