Re: [tlug] Emacs22

Josh Glover writes:

 > Any plans to port it?

Eventually, I suppose.  I would *really* like to nuke the whole
font-lock subsystem, which consists of running over the whole buffer
many times with different regexps.  But that probably won't happen soon.

 > Would it be a doable project by an XEmacs developer virgin?

Well, you're welcome to try; it probably could be done because the
algorithm is basically simple and the language is mostly the same.
But it's going to be a lot of work because you have to work from the
source as a spec, and you do have to do a pretty good job of achieving
bug compatibility because Stallman doesn't believe in "specs as
contracts" any more than Curt Sampson does.  Maybe less, come to think
of it.