Re: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

On 25/07/07, Karen Pauley <karen-linux@example.com> wrote:

> On Wed Jul 25 14:43:05 2007, Curt Sampson wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Josh Glover wrote:
>
> > >or b) programmers who are not in the top %1.
> >
> > That I'm also going to disagree with. I've worked with a lot of junior
> > developers, and in my experience, they excel when you bring them "in to
> > the fold," as it were, rather than relegate them to "program to this
> > specification."
>
> I agree. I have used a variety of agile methodologies with programming
> teams and I actually think they are more suited to normal programmers
> than the top 1%.

My problem is not with pair programming (though I've not seen hard
numbers that prove that it is an overall win in terms of productivity;
I bet code quality is higher, but I wonder if it is high enough to
offset the decrease in available engineering hours), it is with the
spec-free approach advocated by Curt. *That* is what I am claiming
will not scale below excellent engineers.

--
Cheers,
Josh