Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

Curt,

Thank you for responding.

To my mind, a large problem with this article is it's founded on a
faulty assumption that makes Windows out to be much more expensive than
it really is.
I think you've missed a significant point of the article, and later I could put together a rebuttal.

However, at this point the preview of the article is just to determine whether or not TLUG members feel that the article falls within a category of content that is appropriate for the TLUG web site.

Unless you are objecting to the concept of the article being hosted on tlug.jp, I'd like to defer more robust discussion of the premise until after it goes public. Not least because I feel that counter arguments such as yours will fall into some general categories, in which case if I or anyone were to address them, it could be done with a broader perspective on the whole of the counter claims. Again, assuming it gets attention.

Which reminds me of two points, actually...

It would be nice to have some kind of comments or response ability of the web site. At minimum, I'll just put up my email address. At best, a moderated comments ability would be good. Moderated because I have no interest in the "wIndoWs RUL3Z linuX SUX!" kind of response that you get on so many sites that invite comments. Does any functionality to support that kind of thing exist in or around tlug.jp?

The second point is what design context would the article ultimately be placed into? If needed, I could whip up a little formatting and style so it's a little nicer to look at than the plain text form it's in now. But if it's going to be on a page that conforms to an existing design, then that's cool too. Basically, just let me know if I should pretty it up a little.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04