Re: [tlug] [C&C] AAC is lossy, FLAC is lossless

On 24/07/07, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:

A couple years ago i ripped my entire CD collection to flac files. [...]
I have not yet been dissappointed by the decision, and if for some
reason i decide to switch to something else, it will be a simple matter
to write a script to transcode my collection while preserving all the
tags.

Precisely.

And this is the real value of Open Source to me: if I have the code, I
can maintain compatibility by hopping to a new format any time I want
to.

--
Cheers,
Josh