Re: [tlug] [C&C] AAC is lossy, FLAC is lossless

On 7/24/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
Being smarter than the average bear[4], he realises that the MP3 format
played by his "ah-Pod" might, in 10 to 20 years, go the way of the
eight-track player he had installed in his truck back in '89.

I remember 8-tracks were big in the mid-70's, but by the end of the 70's and in the mid-80's, it was cassettes. And I think CD's came out in about 82? Certainly they were being talking about on the radio ("That track was from a CD, etc.) in 1984. So... by '89, I think the only 8-tracks in existence were in junk yards? But I guess that's the joke then? That it was long-dead rusty non-functional technology from day-one when it was installed?

Must be!

Creaky-old Lyle