Re: [tlug] Video Editing Soft & Formats

On 7/24/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 24/07/07, Edward Wright <edw@example.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 08:01:36AM +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
>
> > If anyone is ordering HP7 and it is all the same to you, buy the UK version:
>
> I did... 'cause the cover was cooler....
> Isn't the text the same??

No, the text is not the same. English spellings are mangled, and
things that Americans are "too dumb to understand" are fixed, e.g.

I never realised this was the case. However, I recently re-read the Hitchhikers Guide and remember thinking, "I wonder if the average American would have any idea what half this book is about".

Instead of battling for the Ashes, would the U.S. version go on about
the World Series...

Regards, Keith