Re: [tlug] [C&C] AAC is lossy, FLAC is lossless

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Godwin Stewart wrote:

Back to the main question, though, about what the best lossless audio
format is for conversion to codec-du-jour as said codec-du-jour evolves
over time. How about audio CD? Okay, it means ripping stuff off the CDs
again next time round, but how often does this happen?

It doesn't have to happen very often. It took me well over a month to rip most of my 800+ CDs last time around, and I'd rather not do that again.

cjs