Re: [tlug] [OT] MP3 Player usb support MACOS

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:12:50 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Sure, but isn't AAC lossless (or am I mixing it up with FLAAC)?

You're getting AAC (Advanced Audio Coding, basically MPEG4 audio) mixed up
with FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec).

> If I am wrong about AAC, I would still recommend ripping to a lossless
> format so that she can scale to any future format. Wish I'd done that
> with my CDs... :(

Most of my CDs are ripped to AAC @ 128kbps. That offers the same quality as
MP3 @ 160kbps. Since I have no audio equipment that would show up any
difference between lossless and this compression factor, it's good enough
for me.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Sign spotted in an office:
AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT
AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD