Re: [tlug] [OT] MP3 Player usb support MACOS

On 23/07/07, Jonathan Byrne <jonathan@example.com> wrote:

One thing I would recommend for compatibility purposes, is ripping CDs
as high bit-rate MP-3 rather than AAC, so that if she gets another
player in the future, wants to burn them to a CD for use in the car,
etc., there's no problem. Most car and home stereos can play MP-3s,
whereas AAC support might not be so widespread.

Sure, but isn't AAC lossless (or am I mixing it up with FLAAC)? So couldn't she convert to MP3 any time?

If I am wrong about AAC, I would still recommend ripping to a lossless
format so that she can scale to any future format. Wish I'd done that
with my CDs... :(

--
Cheers,
Josh