Re: [tlug] FireFox will no longer save login information

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 10:01:16PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> TLUG,
>
> I copied them back in to the new settings folder. For other
> things, like my StumbleUpon plugin, I just made a fresh install.
>
> However, since all this happened, I've lost the ability for FireFox to save
> stored login information, like usernames and passwords for sites that I access
> frequently. Since I do some web development, I'm always logging in and out of
> control panels and site management interfaces. So not having the ability to
> store login information is quite tedious.

Is there any chance that your new $HOME/.mozilla folder isn't owned by
you?  Sometimes, firefox will do this--you'll start it up, it won't work
properly, and it turns out that you don't have read write permissions on
your own $HOME/.mozilla directory.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Cool. You guys can do the brain thing. I'm gonna go to
class.
Oz: Which could also be construed as the brain thing.