Re: Sony Lovefest . . . . . (was Re: [tlug] Linux / MacOS X and dvcameras)

On  Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:26:07 +0200
Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote
in <20070721082607.d75ebfd9.gstewart@example.com>:

> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:10:03 +0900, "Jonathan Byrne"
> <jonathan@example.com> wrote:
> > I seem to recall reading that Sony is suing the company
> that wrote that
> > software?
> Indeed:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/16/sony_bmg_sues_amergence/
> I hope Sony loses.

I have to agree on this one.
Bugs happen.  Pretty much every DRM related product
ever created had SOME sort of bugs. ^^;;  It takes
a lot of time to get them perfect.

The biggest issue was that the software was designed
to deploy discretely.  That was Sony's doing, not the
software developer.

"We got caught," is not a valid reason for a lawsuit.

--
Ken