Re: [tlug] Fwd: OOXML in Japan [C&C WARNING]

tlug@example.com writes:

 > I was very happy to hear that Japan has created a policy to give
 > priority to open standards (for government work) recently.

Two itsy bitsy clouds on the horizon:

1. OOXML is an "open standard" according to several more or less
respectable analyses.  "I am still not kidding."

2. One has this suspicion that addiction to government lip service is
why Japanese are so uninterested in real sex that the total fertility
rate is down under 1.3/female.  "Internationalization", "free trade",
"individual responsibility", move over.  Here comes "open standards."
OK, *now* I'm joking (gallows humor ...).

Seriously, I plan to read those minutes; I'm not real pleased with
what I've seen so far (translations of the "respectable analyses"
mentioned above predominate).

Why-yes-the-J-stands-for-cynic-how-did-you-guess-ly y'rs,