Re: [tlug] Linux / MacOS X and dv cameras

On 7/20/07, Stuart Luppescu <s-luppescu@example.com> wrote:
Several years ago (about 4?), I bought a Sony digital-8 camera. I bought
this kind because I had a ton of analog 8 mm video tapes from when the
kids were very little, and the new camera could read them and output the
video digitally using firewire. I thought I'd capture all the old tapes
and write them to DVD. Some day I will get around to that....

Whoa!! Hey!!! Chotto matta!! Maji ka yo!!! A digital camera that will play old analogue 8mm tapes? And will output the video digitally? Really? Banzai! - Banzai!! - BANZAI!!!!! I spent vast amounts of time taking hundreds of hours of tape around 1990 and since all of my analogue 8mm tape machines are broken, I've been wondering how I'm going t get that material digitized.....

Does anyone have any other information about this?  (I'll Google
later, but still...)

Lyle