Re: [tlug] Japanese in Xandros

Josh Glover writes:

 > On 20/07/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
 >
 > > Well, for starters, SCIM's packager obviously sucks pondwater up a
 > > straw.
 >
 > That is not the only facet of SCIM that sucks; it is wonderful when it
 > works, but hard as hell to debug when it does not.

Conway's[1] Law[2] applies to Japan[3] with especial force.  This is
what happens when module interfaces are a matter of private agreement
rather than public contract.

Footnotes:
[1]  Not the Conway famous for the Game of Life IIRC.

[2]  "A software product's design is destined to mimic the structure
of the organization that produced it."

[3]  And GNU Emacs, even sans MULE.  Although the politics are why I
won't jump to GNU even if XEmacs dies a natural death, it's the source
that brought me here in the first place.