[tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

Pietro Zuco writes:

 > I just would like to share opinions and points of view from the people
 > in the list about how to make a good IT resume.

Change your name to "Dennis Ritchie" and put that at the top. ;-)

 > There are many examples in the web, but very few that help to make an
 > IT English resume to work in Japan.

You may want to make separate ones for Japanese companies and for
foreign companies.  The Japanese resume is extremely stylized, and
it's hard to express yourself in that format (that's actually probably
its purpose...).  However, anything that's easy for HR to read works
in your favor in getting to the interview.

 > * Education
 > - (Put only the latest one. If you have the University it's obvious
 > that you have some kinder garden education before...)

Not in Japanese HR.  OK, obviously you didn't go to a Keio-Dai
escalator nursery school, but yes, Japanese expect to see that stuff,
and if you went to a famous nursery school it will count in your
favor.  If you end up working for Monkeyshow (aka Min. Education;
definitely not "max"!) or other government bloodsucker, your salary
goes up just for filling in the name of your elementary school (no
shit, ~12,000 per year for me).

 > I put an extra amount of technical stuff in the projects description.
 > I did mainly system admin projects. Now I'm thinking about that maybe
 > a lot of tech info can confuse the HR that have to understand what do
 > I know.

No, they just count lines and match against the requistion.