Re: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

> Keith:
> Maybe we need to embed the keywords as a jumbled up mess of jargon at
> the bottom of the resume, with the more "human" readable fluff above
> that :-)

I'm a bit surprised the world hasn't yet managed to adopt a machine-parseable standard for resumes. (Or has it, and I just don't know about it?)

There's a library here that would appear to do the business:
http://xmlresume.sourceforge.net/

Presumably it would be
a) in the interests of large employers to encourage people to submit their resumes in a form that they could manipulate without relying on dumb text searches.
b) in the interests of job-seekers to comply with it.
c) in the interests of someone on the internet to provide a free online wizard thingy that you could use to generate both a machine-readable resume file and a pretty human-readable PDF.

I'd have thought it would only take a few large employers of technical people - say Amazon, Google and Microsoft - to kick-start adoption of a standard like that by saying they like to receive resumes in that format.

Edmund Edgar