[tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

Hi.

I just would like to share opinions and points of view from the people
in the list about how to make a good IT resume.

There are many examples in the web, but very few that help to make an
IT English resume to work in Japan.

I will start as an example of what I did. I take inspiration from
examples in the Web and from templates that I saw at some companies.
Apart the design, the distribution and classification of the
information was:

<CV>
* Name
- Contact information (Address, telephone, email...)

* Latest Company name
- From, X

- Project name
- From X until Y
- Description of the project

(Company and project repeat until the first company)

* Languages
- Language name, level (native level, business,...)

* Education
- (Put only the latest one. If you have the University it's obvious
that you have some kinder garden education before...)

* Technical skills
- Operating Systems, experience in years or months
- Programming Languages, "
- Databases, "
- Webservers, "
- Architectures, "
- Networking

</CV>

I put an extra amount of technical stuff in the projects description.
I did mainly system admin projects. Now I'm thinking about that maybe
a lot of tech info can confuse the HR that have to understand what do
I know.

What do you think? Detailed information is better than resumed one?

Then, how to fit collaborations? Articles, free software projects, and so forth?

And what about all the amount of job that do not fit to any project
format but that anyway is job that generate a lot of working
experience?

Thank you in advance.

      -Pietro

--