Re: [tlug] Japanese in Xandros

On 7/18/07, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> Theoretically (as the fortune quote goes, Theoretically means, "Not
> really" with a locale of en_US.UTF-8 (FreeBSD designation, not sure what
> it is in Debian) you should be able to input Japanese with a scim-anthy
> combination. I remember you saying you'd used EUC and I believe that is
> how you typed it.  The first thing to do is see how your particular
> distribution phrases it.  To do that
>
> locale -a | grep ja_JP

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory

Can you please post the output of the following command here:

cat /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local

I'm assuming this is the correct location as Xandros is based on Debian.

Also, you could try the following command (as root) and see if you are
presented with a list of locales to choose from. If you are then
choose anything with a "JP" in it and what else grabs your fancy:

dpkg-reconfigure locales

Regards, Keith