Re: [tlug] From postgresql to some kind of graph...

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 12:11:36PM +0900, Pietro Zuco wrote:
> I can query postgresql to have info about the tables and keys but what
> I want is something like doxygen ( www.doxygen.org ) for postgresql.
> Some tool that from the database dump or connecting to it, draws some
> king of graph to understand visually the database structure.

I have used DBDesigner4 for several years.... it's the best I've seen
for visually representing a database. Although it states that it's for
MySQL, it also supports ODBC, so you can use it with almost any
database.

I've also used Azzuri Clay, which is along the same lines but not nearly
as flexible. It also requires Eclipse which is a whole other beast if
you're not already using it.

DBDesigner4 is no longer maintained, it's author having been hired by
MySQL, who claimed they would release an updated version, but far
as I can tell, never did.

Azzuri Clay is maintained, and further is located in Tokyo.

Links to both products are on the page Curt referenced.

Ed