Re: [tlug] Trying to extract images from a PDF

On Jul 15, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Dave M G wrote:

I've attempted to use GIMP to open the PDF file, but all I get when I do that is a large white page. The pixel size looks to be about right, so GIMP seems to be able to read some data, but stops there.

The source PDF file opens in XPDF, and can be parsed with tkpdf, so I'm assuming for the moment that it isn't corrupt.

I was able to separate out the individual pages I needed with tkpdf, and then I tried the Ghostscript command as recommended by Godwin, but got this error:

Many tools, like KWord in KOffice I think, can open PDF files. Or I just open with reader, zoom in, take a screen shot.

-- BABA Yoshihiko Urban Design Laboratory, Tokyo University D2

TEL: +81 (0)90 8465 7125 (Softbank)
TEL: +81 (0)70 5561 0255 (PHS)
http://homepage.mac.com/babayoshihiko