Re: [tlug] Video Editing Soft & Formats

On 17/07/07, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:

(I want to rip my DVD collection to hard drive so i can
put the originals in storage without them cluttering my living room.)

We had a thread about this a while back, kicked off by me complaining about how I did not have room to store physical media in my tiny Japanese apartment.

These days, I've simply stopped buying CDs or DVDs; I just rent stuff
that I really want to see.

When ITMS or Amazon UnBox realises the way I want to watch movies,
which is to "rent" them by paying a small on-demand fee (I think $1 /
100 yen for one viewing of a movie is reasonable) and then watch them
on my TV (not my computer!), my problem will be solved. Sure, I might
still buy the occasional DVD or whatever the media format du jour is,
but only stuff that I cannot live without, such as the Lord of the
Rings Trilogy Extended Edition with full documentaries, special
features, commentary, facsimiles of Bilbo Baggins, etc. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh