Re: [tlug] Tip of the Day: "ghosting" a machine with nc and dd

On 17/07/07, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

I think you'll find that Josh meant to tell people to run:

sudo /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/(h|s)da

I did indeed. :( I never seem to get a TotD out without some bug. Ugh.

fdisk, being in /sbin usually, is not in a regular user's $PATH and
therefore needs to be invoked with a fully qualified pathname:

Thanks for this.

Would you mind updating the wiki? Give you a good excuse to create an
account! :)

--
Cheers,
Josh