Re: [tlug] core dumps

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Core dumps may also end up in a special system directory, as well. Mac OS X does this, for one. Did you find a core dump, yet? ;-)

As root I umounted the two windows partitonns and did
  find / -name core -print
and found no core files.

The otner thing I have discovered is that ulimit is a bash and maybe bourne shell built in. I started using csh for ui and sh for scripting long ago and now use tcsh as my login shell. In tcsh you use coredumpsize which I don't have set. I am not sure if it will dump core or not without the variable set, but I think that maybe no variable means no core.

Steve S.