Re: [tlug] Tip of the Day: Repairing a corrupted DCIM card

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Josh Glover wrote:

One of my SmartMedia cards that I use with my ancient Olympus digital
camera started taking about 60 seconds to write each photo...
The best thing to do if you have a corrupted card is...

Actually, you can just stick it in your camera and use the camera's menu option to format it.

My understanding is that (and keep in mind I'm rather new to the digital
camera world myself, at least at the level at which I use film cameras)
after you've dumped all your pics onto a PC or whatever, it's best always
to reformat the card in your camera before going out to your next shoot.
This goes for any kind of card.

cjs