[tlug] Trying to extract images from a PDF

TLUG,

I've got some PDF files, and I want to extract out the images that are embedded inside it.

I've tried tkpdf, and pdftohtml, but while I've been able to break a PDF file into small PDF files containing single pages, I haven't been able to turn them into images like JPG or PNG.

Has anyone done this? Indications on the web are that this should be easy, but I can't seem to get the right command or syntax.

My last resort is to just do some screen captures and then stitch the images together again. But the images are large, and there's a few of them, so that's a multiplication of work.

Besides, this should be relatively straightforward, shouldn't it? It's like I can see people on web pages saying I can do this with tkpdf, but the help file doesn't have any specific image extraction parameter.

Any tips?

--
Dave M G