Re: [tlug] Mailinglist software

On 13/07/07, Michael Engel <mkengel@example.com> wrote:

So, my question why is TLUG using Mailman (and not Procmail or others) ?

You mean Smartlist?

Mailman is widely used, meaning it is well supported and easy to find
answers with Google. It is pretty easy to administer; I do 99% of the
stuff from the web interface. It creates its own archives or
integrates easily with MHonArc or another third-party archiver. It is
fully i18n'd, so all of your languages will be fine; in fact, it has
message catalogs for all of the languages you listed, in case you want
admin messages and the interface to support multiple display
languages.

And the best reason to use it is you can ask on TLUG when you hit a
snag, and Steve Turnbull or Jim Tittsler will be back with the answer
within 12 hours. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh