Re: [tlug] linux laptop hibernate question

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 05:59:35 +0900,
"Lyle H Saxon" <llletters@example.com> wrote
in <ea4e853e0707121359q22ccf900l28d82790b05fbcfa@example.com>:

> I have one box that I selected Japanese as the main language
> and then changed to English after the install that works
> great for Japanese - but I'm stuck with Japanese menus in
> large parts of the total package.  I would prefer to install
> English as the primary language and have Japanese support
> under that, but I haven't been able to.  I know - there has
> been one thread after another about the steps required to get
> that working, so I'm not even bothering to ask how here, I'm
> just commenting that it doesn't seem to be a simple "add
> second language" step during the initial install.

There is a howto on the Ubuntu wiki that works fairly
Consistantly, and has links to a few other pages for
cases that work a little strange.  :P  It does involve
editing a text file or two, but works great once it is
done. ^_^  The howto is for a few versions back I think,
but some things don't change that often. :)