Re: [tlug] "Locale" urrrgh

On 13/07/07, Marty Pauley <marty.pauley@example.com> wrote:

Does en_UK work?  I've always seen en_GB, since the official ISO
country code for the UK is GB.

No, of course not; that was a typo that I make *all* *the* *Goddamned* time.

The ISO code is annoying and adds to the confusion:  most people,
including half the population of England, don't really know the
difference between England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom.

LOL.

For you, Josh, stick to en_IE for the craic, y'eejit.

Aye, fer feck's sake, I've been at the poiteen[1] again. ;)

Cheers,
Josh

[1] Which I just found out is spelled "Poitín" (from the Gaelic), and
proceeded to make sure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poiteen redirects
to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poit%C3%ADn