Re: [tlug] WiFi considerations

Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
On Monday 09 July 2007 10:55, Godwin Stewart wrote:
Yes, but getting them to run and interact with the hardware correctly is not always trivial. A program called "Network Manager" has been recommended to me by different people, and it is included in the Linux distributions i've checked (if not in the default install, then as something easy to add later).
It was the default on the system I just installed. On this thinkpad it is working fine. The interface is as good as (maybe better than) what is on the machine in XP. I just have WEP enabled.

I remember an article a couple of years ago and have no idea where I read it, but someone has built their own router on a linux box that uses ipv6 in encrypted mode for communication. Sorry I can't remember where or when the article was published but I'm sure I read it because of the same concerns you're expressing.

Steve S.