[tlug] [SOLVED] Unix tool to monitor files for changes

On 12/07/07, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:

inotify, systraq, iwatch, incron? The last one seems the most
appropriate:
http://inotify.aiken.cz/?section=incron&page=about&lang=en

Thanks to all who answered. inotify and fam were the two that I had heard of but could not remember.

Tripwire and Snort are overkill for my trivial use case (which is
basically implementing a revision system in a wiki(!) that does not
have one).

Make + cron seems like it will not address my use case, but I'll read
the Powertools link to make sure.

I will let you guys know how it goes.

--
Cheers,