Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 12/07/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Ad hominem trolling. *sigh*

I think we've ID'd the M.O. of this perp, Friday.

Roger, I am really unhappy with your behaviour on the list, and I
would have zapped you with an official warning had I not been involved
in the latest with you and thus sacrificed my claim to objectivity.

I would advise you to stick to technical subjects and leave off the
trolling and calling people names; besides being rather juvenile and
pointless, it is off-topic and thus a waste of bandwidth.

Complain about Microsoft all you want, but do not expect us to not
voice our own opinions, which may well run counter to your own. Just
because we all run Linux here does not mean we are all of one mind
vis-a-vis Microsoft.

As Mark Shuttleworth memorably said, "If the fight against Windows is
all that is binding us together as a movement, what happens when
Windows goes away? What then is our common cause?"

I would like to think that our common cause is freedom to chose;
mainly in the sense of one's own freedom, not the "freedom" of RMS to
dictate the terms of your "freedom" and not the "freedom" that
Microsoft offers to run any software you want, as long as it is
black.[1]

Anyway, there are other moderators on this list, so even though I have
basically decided to recuse myself, that does not mean you are free to
continue to flaunt the List Policy. Have you read it, BTW?

http://www.tlug.jp/listpolicy.php

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Henry_Ford#Sourced