Re: [tlug] WiFi considerations

On 11/07/07, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:35:44 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> Wait, are we talking about WiFi? Which I've been using with no trouble
> in Linux for at least four years?

Yes. That *UNENCRYPTED* connection you've been using for 4 years.

Ain't nothing important unencrypted. I've never really seen a need for WEP or WPA on my network, because everything is SSH and HTTPS.

But I have used WEP easily many times when connecting to networks at
friends', etc.

I really don't think "not ready for prime time" is how I would
characterise Linux's WiFi support.

Your fellow Frenchman (come on, you count as French by now) Jean
Tourilles has put a lot of work into wireless-tools, and it shows.
Stuff is as easy to use as iwconfig.

--
Cheers,
Josh