Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 11/07/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Not Zidane Zinger? <duck />

Poor guy. Now he'll always be remembered as a hot-head (which he certainly was) more than as one of the great players to ever lace up a pair of boots.

And I *hate* Les Blues, the New York Yankees of football (I hate
Brazil too, even if I love to watch them play, cheeky bastards).

Good story!

It is better when recounted at a pub, where I can illustrate by waving my pint around and sloshing beer everywhere. ;)

I have to say that, as bad as 'Murkin announcers can be, though, the
camera work and direction is world-class, no matter what the sport is.

Agreed. Hi-Def makes American football quite the multi-media experience, too.

The Japanese sports broadcasts are of pretty high quality, at least
the baseball and (soccer) football ones that I watch. Nice picture,
good announcing. But I guess I see what you mean about the American
camera work; you get much nicer and tighter angles on an American
production.

No.  Never felt the need until today.  Must be your low taste in
surfing, bloke.

Well, you know. pr0n and so forth. Man's needs, etc. And what not. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh