Re: [tlug] linux on Dell news

>> the company will be announcing international sales of Ubuntu Linux
>> consumer systems at LinuxWorld, which will be held Aug. 6-9 ...

> Anyone knows how much is a OEM Windows that Dell has to pay MS?
>
> The Windows one is 50 bucks more expensive than the Ubuntun one so If
> I have to make a choice, I will buy the Windows one.

That is a strange comment from a linux user. Is there a typo?

I just looked at primepc.jp, where machines come without OS by default.
Adding Vista Home Basic adds 15,000 yen. Adding XP home adds 14,000 yen.
(English versions). Assuming a 100% margin that would mean the OEM pays
7000 yen. I'm guessing Dell's buying power will have negotiated that
down to below 5000 yen.

Darren