Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 7/10/07, Dave Brown <dagbrown@example.com> wrote:
Using "I only use Windows because I'm forced to at work" is a kind of
apathy.  Although now I think of it, it's more fatalism than apathy.
Me, I just don't use Windows, simply because nothing I want to do works
well on it.

That would get you fired from a lot of high paying jobs. It's not apathy, I am constantly trying to get people at the corporation I work at interested in Linux. I've even succeeded in getting a few people to try it out at home. But the IT department doesn't want to hear about it for anything other than servers. Middle management loves "Outlook" like too many people love designer clothing. The IT Department guys (I guess that means some of *you* guys, come to think of it!!) want to please middle management, so they don't want to hear any criticism of Microsoft. Apathy on my part? I don't think so! More like spinelessness on the part of the IT Department!

RM