Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 09/07/07, Roger Markus <rogermarku@example.com> wrote:

On 7/9/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> Who forced you to keep using Microsoft products?

The corporation I work for.  You're very lucky that the corporation
*you* work for allows you to use Linux.

You do realise that you get to choose the corporation that you work for, right? Or start your own firm?

I am sorry, but the "my employer made me do it" argument does not work
more than a couple of times; after that, start looking for a new job.

There are almost 500 email addresses subscribed to this list, and just
sampling the TLUGgers I know, I would estimate that at least 50% of
our list members have found Unix-centric jobs. So they exist, and they
exist in Tokyo.

> If Microsoft has hurt you so badly, why can't you quit them? Sounds
> like you need psychological counsel more than legal... ;)

"Psychological counsel"?  So you're calling me mentally ill because I
don't like Microsoft?

Nope. Parse that sentence again.

But seriously - that's below the belt mate.  Didn't
know you were such a dirty fighter!

I did not either. Perhaps that is because I understand what I am writing.

Fear Uncertainty and Doubt?  That's a good joke!  So I'm trying to
spread fear of Microsoft?  No mate, just hoping people will open their
eyes to the truth and stop doing business with that very rotten
company.  If people refuse to do business with them, they will cease
to be.

This is quite admirable and all, but please learn how to make reasonable arguments to support your points. Otherwise people are going to dismiss you as just another raving Linux fanboy.

And as a Unix user, I don't want to be unfairly lumped in with raving
Linux fanboys. That is why I challenge FUD like yours. Not because I
love Microsoft or hate you personally.

> Cheers,

Sure!  Cheers!  (Do you always call people mentally ill and then say
cheers?  You have a strange, or maybe good, sense of humor!

Well, you snipped a line that would have given you a clue as to this:

"-- "

That bit means that what comes below is my signature...

--
Cheers,
Josh