Re: [tlug] Looking for Linux fit Laptop in Tokyo

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 06:46:18AM +0200, Michael . wrote:
> Heyo!
>

> The Laptop doesn't need to be a top model, but it
> should have some hdd space and I'd like to be able to
> run something like StarCraft or Quake III on it ;).
>
> At home the distro I was using, was Arch Linux, but I
> might try a different one, since I got so used to it -
> for widen my horizon ;).

I run Arch on a Gateway Arc200, one of their ultralights, without any
problems.  I did have to install the drivers for the wireless (an Intel
2100 or 2200, I've forgotten which, but I simply followed the
instructions on the Arch wiki and it was pretty trivial.

If I remember correctly, I did have a bit of trouble getting X
working--I think in the end I stuck in a PCLinuxOS live CD, and copied
over its X configuration.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Okay, well, how long before you un-crypt it?
Willow: Hours. Days maybe. Anyone suggesting months would not
be accused of crazy talk.