[tlug] Mutt question: how to scan multiple remote folders for new messages?

Since there are several Mutt users on this list, I thought someone here
might be able to help me.

I use Mutt to read mail over IMAP. I use a filter on the IMAP server to
deliver mail to several different folders in my IMAP directory.

I used to use pine for the same, and pine had this neat feature called
"Incoming folders" with which pressing TAB automatically jumped to next
new message, whether in the same folder or not. Mutt is otherwise
superior to pine, and I definitely won't go back to using pine, but I
would like to have Mutt imitate pine's behaviour. I have read lots of
Mutt's documentation, but haven't yet figured out how to get it behave
like I want it to. There's this "subscribe" command in the folder list,
but I don't think it does anything at all. How can I get TAB to scan all
"incoming" folders and how do I mark folders as "incoming"? Surely the
functionality exists in Mutt? I would think I am not the only one that
wants this behaviour.

So, any pointers?

--
Tapio Peltonen <tappel@example.com>