Re: [tlug] Video Editing Soft & Formats

On 09/07/07, Pietro Zuco <drzuco@example.com> wrote:

Well thank you for you all giving your opinions and share experiences.
What I would like to do is just:

1. Take the video, resize it to a low resolution.
2. Take away audio and video quality to reduce it.

These two are easy to do with mencoder or ffmpeg, and the expertise exists on the group to help you if you get stuck.

3. Take out scenes, add simple transitions, add some text at some
places and even add some extra audio at some time line.

This is the part where Dave's advice is more suitable. I have a feeling that for simple stuff, you can scrape by with the Linux editors, but Dave may disagree, in which case I would take his opinion over mine, since I have not actually used any Linux video editors for longer than it took me to crop a video once. :)

4. Upload it to youtube.

Yeah, Linux can manage this. ;)

I actually can install windows and download the latest cracked version
of Adobe Premier and forget all this problems, but my video could
maintain some info about the cracked software (I want to make the
video public).

Yeah, and if you do go this route, probably best not to talk about it on a public mailing list. ;-P

--
Cheers,
Josh