Re: [tlug] Video Editing Soft & Formats

On 7/9/07, Dave Gutteridge <ebisudave@example.com> wrote:

I absolutely think that it is fair to recommend that someone who wants to
video editing on Linux keep their expectations low.

Well thank you for you all giving your opinions and share experiences. What I would like to do is just:

1. Take the video, resize it to a low resolution.
2. Take away audio and video quality to reduce it.
3. Take out scenes, add simple transitions, add some text at some
places and even add some extra audio at some time line.
4. Upload it to youtube.

I'm not a professional and I think I will never use all the options
that a professional software or even amateur software could give to
me.

I wanted to do it under Linux for the following reasons:

1. Linux is the operating system I use everyday.
2. I prefer to work with Linux that with other operating systems.
3. I don't want to spend money for Quicktime full version or Adobe
Premiere or a Mac computer... I need something "free as free beer" and
something that do not impose me restrictions over the movie I produce,
like some water mark or some license restrictions.

I actually can install windows and download the latest cracked version
of Adobe Premier and forget all this problems, but my video could
maintain some info about the cracked software (I want to make the
video public).
And I really prefer to use Linux to do it and avoid to switch to
Windows every time I want to do some work on my videos.

So I ask. For that simple actions, the actual Video Editing software
on Linux is so low reliable?
I can install them and try each software, but before spend all that
time, I wanted to know before the people experience, just to save time
and effort.

Thank you in advance for your help :-)

      -Pietro

-- - Pietro Zuco (ピエトロ・ズコ) - - pietro@example.com - Home page: http://www.zuco.org - Photo Blog: http://photo.zuco.org - Linux User: 252836