Re: [tlug] WiFi Radar

Hi,

On 7/9/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 09/07/07, Alvarez <alvarezes@example.com> wrote:

> I would like to port WiFi Radar application to FreeBSD, but I need the ins
> and outs of porting Linux apps into FreeBSD. Can anyone pitch in some
> knowledge? Thank you

Well, the first step is just to do the "./configure && make" dance and
see what breaks. Fix the compile errors, and then test the app. Fix
the runtime errors and test more. When the app works, it is "ported".

Unix software is usually pretty easy to port from one Unix to another,
because it is usually written in C, which when written The Unix Way,
is reasonably portable.

If it's the same Wi-Fi Radar I know, the application is a python/PyGTK2 script that provides a GUI to some command line wi-fi related utilities (iwconfig, iwlist, wpa_supplicant). I guess that even in this case porting is possible. Am I wrong?