Re: [tlug] Re: [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 09/07/07, Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:

> In fact, I really want Steve to be there so he can a) keep me honest, > economically speaking, and b) provide his input on antitrust laws and > competition from a Real Economist's perspective.

Beware of economists though.  One may be right from an economic
perspective but wrong in the big picture.

This is like saying that one should beware of physicists, because they might be right from a scientific perspective but wrong in the final analysis, cf. nuclear weapons.

As such, I'd say there may be cases where a good economic argument is
not viable public policy.

Yes, but you'd be a Goddamned idiot not to get input from economists (and public health experts, and sociologists, etc.) when constructing public policy. And as such, you'd make a wonderful government official, elected or appointed!

--
Cheers,
Josh