Re: [tlug] [OT] Intel core duo errata

On 08/07/07, Jedidiah Israel <jedidiah.israel@example.com> wrote:

Linux's "chasing kernel culture[TM]" might be to blame rather than stability IMHO.

I mean stability in terms of tried and true tech, not strict uptimes.

I don't think the Linux model is bad by any means, cf.

: jmglov@example.com; uname -a
Linux laurana 2.6.18-gentoo-r6 #4 Sat Mar 31 14:32:06 JST 2007 i686
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1400MHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I like a BSD for serious server applications due to the extremely low
chance of a crash, but I use Linux on everything else, because I like
having support for my post-1995 hardware. ;)

/me shakes in fear from the pitchfork-and-torch-wielding BSDers that
are even now Googling my address.

--
Cheers,
Josh