Re: [tlug] [OT] Intel core duo errata

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 06:03:29PM +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
> On 08/07/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:
> >That is why Debian and BSD are so stable.
>
> Well, BSD makes Debian look like Windows NT 3.0 in terms of stability.

Oh, c'mon....

Ain't no comparison that will make any linux look like NT 3.0 in
terms of stability or anything else...

> After all, Debian is running the Linux kernel, which even in the
> stable branch has a lot more experimental code

But Debian stable is not likely to be running the latest "stable" kernel
release. I don't have hands on experience to compare Debian stable to
BSD, but Debian is extremely conservative in what they let into "stable".

Ed