Re: [tlug] Geeky Sci-Fi

Corey Doctorow's "When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth" is freely available
on the 'Net:

http://baens-universe.com/articles/When_Sysadmins_Ruled_the_Earth

Nice. Thanks for the link, I will definitely look it over.

I keep recommending Accelerando [1] by Charles Stross which is very good with lots of CS related stuff. It was nominated for a Hugo award, and so is his latest novel Glasshouse. Speaking of which, this year's Worldcon is being held in Yokohama where they will be presenting the actual awards.[2] Most of the nominated short stories, novelettes and even full novels are available on the web [3].
If anyone wants to go I am currently contemplating to shell out for the membership and would heartily welcome any companions. Please email me off list if you are planning to attend.

BAB

[1] http://www.accelerando.org/
[2] http://www.nippon2007.us/hugo_nominees.php
[3] http://www.nippon2007.us/