Re: [tlug] Testing email functions within PHP on my local machine [SOLVED]

Stephen, Darren, Keith,

Thank you all for responding. Especially since my last message was me throwing my hands in the air and claiming defeat.

I've settled on Darren's suggestion as being the path of least resistance. There was no output from the mailq command, but there were files in /var/spool/mqueue which indicated that the email messages had at least been passed from PHP to sendmail.

For my purposes, just confirming that the emails got as far as beyond PHP's walls is good enough in the end.

I might, maybe, one day, if I'm feeling bored and insane, try to get some kind of mailing service to work from my home testing machine, because it would be nice if I could just check my email account and see how the email looks when it got there.

But for now, I've got to put my focus into the PHP end of things.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded, and to TLUG, for all the help and support.

--
Dave M G