Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 04/07/07, david.blomberg@example.com
<david.blomberg@example.com> wrote:

> Footnotes:
> [1]  Given the axiom that each person knows better than anyone else
> what she needs, you cannot turn that question around.  You need to
> explain the benefits of removing choice, otherwise there is no way to
> justify any course but to offer the choice.

Hardly an axiom I agree to each person knows best what they want but not
what they need.

Hrm... are you a Gnome developer by any chance? ;-P

> [2]  Seeing that those arguments are correct, and knowing what the
> important underlying assumptions are, is what requires advanced
> training.

Claiming an expertise in order to avoid argument is in-excusable. (you
have done so several times in this)

That is not how I read this. Steve is saying "the argument I present can only be judged from a logical point of view without advanced training in economics". He does not even claim that he is right; remember the part about research needing to be done that Stallman hoped would not?

> Most would agree with the "important" assumptions, but that is not
> universal.

I am sure you are a great Economist but this whole issue is not just
about Economics. This is also a social issue.

Social issues are economical ones too, you know.

--
Cheers,
Josh