Re: [tlug] Applications not starting in SUSE

Thanks for the reply...

Neil Millar wrote:
On 02/07/07, Brian Chandler <brian@example.com> wrote:
to open my shop spreadsheet in OpenOffice whateverit'scalled, and
whether I click "Office Suite" or "Spreadsheet" from the menu, or find
the file and try "Open with...", what happens is that the irritating
jiggling icon appears in the taskbar, and well, jiggles for a bit. Then
it just disappears, leaving no trace, no error message or anything. What
should I do next? (Apart from upgrading everything to Ubuntu...)

Open a terminal and type: oocalc

That said "file not found". So I started poking around, and managed to find "Edit K Menu - KDE Menu Editor", in which I found the command:

/usr/X11R6/OOo-calc

So I put that in and got:

Starting /opt/OpenOffice.org/program/scalc...

... followed by indefinite silence. Huh?

(oocalc was working yesterday - what can I have done?)

Brian Chandler