Re: [tlug] Irfanview Via Wine

On 7/2/07, Guillaume Proux <gproux@example.com> wrote:
quick note:
Picasa for Linux works very well... and can do much of what seems to
be requested here.
check your local google download?

I very briefly experimented with that at one, point, and have been meaning to go back to it. I was dismayed at the (seemingly) main concept of it archiving all the photos to make finding them easier. I really really hate this type of automation!!! I have my files arranged as I like them, I know where things are, and I just want the viewer/editor to go where I point it and work on specific images at my request.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me of Picasa, because I had been meaning
to get back to testing it.  Can you do any editing with it?

Lyle